21 Ways to Motivate Your Team
Motivating your employees will make sure they’re more engaged at work, which means they will work harder and produce better results. They’ll also be more likely to stick around and help your company continue to grow.
21 Fun and Easy Ways to Motivate Your Employees
Motivating your team is challenging. You can’t just assume that they’re motivated and engaged; you have to go out of your way to motivate them and encourage them. Motivating your team does not require a lot of time or money, however. You can try these fun, easy, and cheap ways to motivate your team:
- Host volunteer days.
- Compliment your employees.
- Gamify the office.
- Recognize accomplishments.
- Support your employees’ ideas.
- Treat each employee has an individual.
- Institute nap time.
- Send hand-written thank you notes.
- Celebrate personal milestones.
- Let your employees bring their pets to work.
- Encourage your employees to keep learning.
- Let them laugh.
- Use team-building activities.
- Encourage your employees to decorate their desk, office, or cubicle.
- Smile more.
- Have silly dress-up days.
- Start the weekend a few hours early.
- Emphasize relationships over structure.
- Allow flexible hours.
- Encourage your employees to take a vacation.
- Make work-life balance a priority.